ALEXANDRIA, VA – The Artwork Safari on the Torpedo Manufacturing facility Artwork Middle has been an Alexandria custom for greater than twenty years. In previous years, children and their households have been invited to the positioning to study varied sorts of artwork and take part in hands-on actions. This 12 months, due to the pandemic, organizers have determined that the annual occasion – in its 25th 12 months – will happen on-line.
Scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 17 from 11 a.m. to four p.m., the Artwork Safari will occur stay on Fb.
Youngsters can study to create their very own artworks like pinch pots with clay, origami butterflies, marbled paper, and extra. The net classes will function real-time classes, pre-recorded demonstrations, and downloadable content material. Which means the enjoyable of the Artwork Safari could be skilled whereas creation takes place within the consolation of your individual residence.
Initiatives are designed for youths ages 5 to 12 years outdated. Grownup supervision is really helpful. Gown for a large number..
Stay Scheduled Actions
- 11 a.m. – Household Portray with Judy Heiser (Studio 326)
- 1 p.m. – Suminagashi paper marbling with Sto Len
- three p.m. – 2020 Artwork Safari animal with Lisa Schumaier (Studio 16)
Pre-Recorded On-line Demonstrations and Guides
- Scope Gallery (Studio 19): Animal pinch pots
- Pat Sargent (Studio 325): Ink from black walnuts
- Tracie Griffith Tso (Studio 22): Origami butterfly mobiles
- Alexandria Archaeology Museum (Studio 327): Commemorative historic-ware
- Tai Hwa Goh (Goal Gallery’s 2020 Solo Present artist): Conventional takbon Korean rubbing strategies
- Rosemary Feit-Covey (Studio 224)
- Vi Trinh, 2020 winter post-grad resident
- Katherine Pedrick, native artist at the moment included in Goal Gallery’s Mythos
- American Institute of Architects Northern Virginia Chapter (AIA NoVA)
Take part by clicking HERE. For extra info, click on HERE.
RELATED: Sheriff’s Deputies Learn to Children On-line