Sigma has introduced the brand new 105mm f/2.eight DG DN Macro Artwork lens for E-Mount and L-Mount cameras. Accessible from the 23rd October, the lens will probably be priced at £699, and is Sigma’s first macro Artwork lens designed particularly from the bottom up for mirrorless cameras.
- Excellent optical and AF efficiency typical of Sigma’s Artwork lens line-up
- Full vary of performance together with aperture ring with de-click and lock choices, and an AFL button
- Quick AF efficiency
- Wonderful construct high quality with dust- and splash-proof building
- SRP: £699.99. World launch: 23 October 2020.
#SIGMA105mmArtMACRO #SIGMAArt #SIGMA #SIGMAArtPrime #SIGMADGDN #SIGMAMACRO
The SIGMA 105mm F2.eight DG DN MACRO | Artwork is a high-performance, mid-telephoto macro lens designed from the ground-up for mirrorless cameras. Accessible in E-mount and L-Mount, this spectacular optic presents very good picture high quality, quick AF and a powerful feature-set. It’s equally well-suited to close-up macro work and a spread of different picture and video functions together with portraiture and weddings. The standard, performance and flexibility of this lens make it a must-own possibility for mirrorless photographers.
This all-new 105mm lens is the primary Artwork line macro lens designed particularly for mirrorless cameras, and brings to the desk a spread of superior performance together with an aperture ring with de-click and lock capabilities, a customisable AFL button, dust- and splash-proof building and a spotlight limiter swap. Its optical efficiency goes far past what one may count on of a mid-telephoto macro lens. The SIGMA 105mm F2.eight DG DN MACRO | Artwork will probably be out there globally from 23 October 2020 and has an SRP of £699 within the UK.
1. Unbelievable optical efficiency
SIGMA prioritises optical efficiency above all else in its Artwork lens line-up, and it’s no completely different for the brand new 105mm F2.eight DG DN MACRO | Artwork. The lens offers an impressive rendering efficiency from the centre of the body all the way in which to the perimeters, and it is ready to minimise ghosting and flare very successfully, even in backlit situations. The all-new optical design of the 105mm F2.eight DG DN MACRO | Artwork ensures distinctive sharpness in any respect taking pictures distances, from excessive close-up all the way in which to infinity. The lens produces clear, punchy outcomes freed from colour bleeding and with delicate rendering.
The lens’ subtle optical design means chromatic aberration is dealt with extraordinarily successfully, and there was a selected give attention to longitudinal chromatic aberration, which can’t be simply handled by in-camera aberration correction. Sigma’s lens designers have labored exhausting to make sure the 105mm F2.eight DG DN MACRO | Artwork has exceptionally enticing bokeh, with lovely bokeh circles, and clean, natural-looking out-of-focus rendering in each the background and foreground. That is extraordinarily necessary for each macro and portrait taking pictures.
2. Class-leading performance
The 105mm F2.eight DG DN MACRO | Artwork incorporates a vary of superior performance that opens up a spread of recent taking pictures prospects for each photographers and movie makers. The lens has an aperture ring that permits customers the choice of controlling their aperture setting both through the digital camera or the lens. The dial will be de-clicked utilizing a swap on the lens barrel, which permits movie makers to tweak aperture throughout film taking pictures with out stepped modifications to publicity, and this additionally permits quieter operation which will be very helpful when taking pictures close-up topics. An aperture ring lock button eliminates the danger of by chance knocking the aperture ring from auto to guide or vice versa.
Additionally on the lens barrel is a Focus Limiter Swap that permits customers to restrict the lens’ focusing vary, leading to sooner general AF efficiency. There are three settings: 0.295m-0.5m, 0.5m-infinity, or FULL. Adjoining to the Focus Limiter Swap is an AFL button*, to which customers can assign a selected operate through the digital camera menu. This button sits in a handy place to be managed by the thumb, and is beneficial for focusing management.
When outfitted with the TC-1411 (1.4x) or TC-2011 (2.0x), SIGMA’s newest teleconverters designed solely to be used with L-Mount lenses, photographers can shoot macro at even larger magnifications whereas protecting the identical working distance.
*Restricted to suitable cameras. Additionally, the capabilities depend upon the digital camera.
3. Excellent construct high quality
Typical of the distinctive construct high quality of Sigma’s World Imaginative and prescient lens line-up, the 105mm F2.eight DG DN MACRO has a dust- and splash-proof construction which is constructed to deal with a variety of taking pictures situations. The main target and aperture rings have a really clean motion and the switches are ergonomically designed and sturdy. With ranges of user-friendliness, adaptability to the setting and smoothness of operation which can be designed for skilled use, the 105mm F2.eight DG DN MACRO | Artwork pushes the boundaries for photographers and provides them wider artistic prospects.
4. Excellent AF efficiency
The lens is optimised for the most recent face/eye detection AF, and incorporates a strong Hyper-Sonic Motor (HSM) in its focus motor system to attain high-precision, quiet autofocus operation. All of those parts are dropped at life utilizing superior manufacturing know-how on the Aizu Manufacturing facility, SIGMA’s solely manufacturing web site, giving the 105mm F2.eight DG DN MACRO | Artwork the best ranges of efficiency.
- Lens building: 17 parts in 12 teams, with 1 SLD factor
- Suitable with high-speed autofocus
- Suitable with lens-based optical correction (relying on mannequin)
- Mud- and splash-proof
- Water- and oil-repellent coating
- Tremendous Multi-Layer Coating
- Aperture ring
- Aperture ring click on swap
- Aperture ring lock swap*
- Customisable AFL button
- Focus limiter swap
- Focus Mode Swap
- Lens hood
- Suitable with SIGMA TELECONVERTER TC-1411, TC-2011 (offered individually, for L-Mount solely)
- Suitable with SIGMA USB DOCK UD-11 (offered individually, for L-Mount solely)
- Designed to minimise flare and ghosting
- The HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor)
- Helps DMF, AF+MF
- Each single lens undergoes SIGMA’s proprietary MTF measuring system ‘A1’
- 9-blade rounded diaphragm
- Excessive-precision, sturdy brass bayonet mount
- ‘Made in Japan’ craftsmanship
* When turned ON at place A, the aperture ring is locked at A. When turned ON at a place apart from A, it’s locked to guide aperture choice.
To be taught extra about SIGMA’s craftsmanship, please go to SIGMA web site at https://www.sigma-global.com/en/lenses
The figures under are for L-mount.
- Lens building: 12 teams, 17 parts (1 SLD lens)
- Angle of view: 23.3°｜Variety of diaphragm blades: 9 (rounded diaphragm)
- Minimal aperture: F22｜Minimal focusing distance: 29.5cm / 11.6in
- Most magnification ratio: 1:1｜Filter measurement:φ62mm
- Most dimensions x size: φ74mm×133.6mm / φ2.9×5.3in
- Weight: 715g / 25.2oz.
Provided equipment: Delicate case, Lens hood (LH653-01)
For additional info, please go to SIGMA UK’s web site, sigma-imaging-uk.com
* The looks and specs of the product are topic to vary.
*This product is developed, manufactured and offered based mostly on the specs of E-mount which was disclosed by Sony Company below the license settlement with Sony Company.
* L-Mount is a registered trademark of Leica Digital camera AG.
Help this web site by making a Donation, buying Plus Membership, or buying with one among our associates:
It would not price you something further if you use these hyperlinks, nevertheless it does help the positioning, serving to hold ePHOTOzine free to make use of, thanks.